At Pianoers.com, we will do our best to make you feel welcome – we want you to find enough helpful information, resources, tips, and videos/tutorials to keep you coming back for more!
Personally, I prefer learning to play the keyboard or the piano from videos, and also by reading tips online. So, with that thought in mind, we have already collected a nice selection of videos and tutorials here, some of them are for popular artists like Justin Bieber, Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Phillip Phillips, and One Direction!
10 Good Reasons Why You Should Learn to Play Piano
Always wanted to learn to play the piano?
Playing an instrument (especially piano!) is a joy.
However, the process of learning can be full of ups and downs, accomplishments and frustrations.
That's precisely why this fun Top 10 list is here for you...
...to keep you motivated and remind you why playing piano is so worthwhile!
1. Playing piano is big fun!
OK, I admit that learning to play and read music is hard work.
But when you embrace even the simplest song you play, even warm-ups, and play it with as much beauty as you can, you can enjoy yourself from day one!
2. Playing piano trains your brain.
Studies have shown that learning something new as an adult helps keep your brain young and healthy.
Piano playing also improves hand-eye coordination.
3. Learn to express yourself!
In a world with work, family, housework, homework, yardwork, committees and PTA, you may find your own interests and hobbies take a back seat.
Creativity may feel nonexistent!
When you learn to play the piano, you'll find it's a perfect companion for expressing yourself, whatever your mood may be.
4. Playing piano is a terrific stress reliever.
Got a busy life?
Listening to and playing music can provide great stress relief.
5. It's easy to get started.
Unlike many instruments, you don't need anything expensive to begin learning to play the piano.
A simple, 5-octave, inexpensive keyboard will do the trick.
There are so many free lessons and so much free music online that you can get started right at home!
6. There are piano teachers everywhere!
It's easy to find a piano teacher, whether you're in a small town or a big city.
Great piano teachers are everywhere!
7. The keyboard is the only instrument you need.
Piano can be a solo instrument, an accompaniment instrument, and a rhythm instrument.
You can play on your own, to back up a friend who's singing or playing an instrument, or you can play supporting chords and rhythms in a band.
The piano is so versatile!
8. Music can get you involved with others.
Playing piano will allow you to take part in music with others, whether you start jamming on the blues with some of your friends or you join your church's worship team.
Playing music with others is like being part of a great conversation -- deep, expressive, and fun!
9. Playing piano can fulfill a dream.
So many people I talk to -- from teenagers to adults to seniors -- tell me, with a longing expression, that they wish they could play piano.
As if it's too late! It's never too late.
If playing piano is a dream for you, you can make it a reality.
10. Music appreciation is a side benefit!
You'll be astounded by how much more you notice about the music you regularly listen to you when you start to learn music yourself.
It's as if a whole new world has opened up for you -- and it has! You'll find inspiration for your playing everywhere!
Five Tips to Help You Learn
How to Play Keyboard Online More Quickly
When you are learning how to play keyboard or piano, sometimes it feels hopeless to ever get really good at it.
Here are five tips that can help you when you get stuck in a rut. Firstly, remember that when you play, you should play with whatever feelings you are having right then, whether they be anxiety, sadness, anger, or romance. Your playing will be much better when you put your heart, feelings, and passion into it. The rest will come with practice.
- Your first step will be to have your own piano or keyboard so that you can practice at home whenever you have time or the mood strikes. And believe me, your playing will be much better on the days that your mood is just right for playing. It is important to practice often, but on the days that everything feels just right, the music will just seem to flow. Amazon is a great place to get a good keyboard at an affordable price.
- You will do best if you begin to follow a planned out course and/or piano lessons. A proper plan/course will lead you step-by-step from beginner lessons and learning notes etc. to advanced lessons. Lessons and courses are available in different forms. You can learn by watching videos on Youtube, or from piano lesson books/eBooks. A lot of the best Piano Courses these days offer a variety of ways to learn, and this often includes videos and tutorials as well.
- If you get stuck in a certain spot or lesson, don't hesitate to ask advice from experts. Some of the Piano Courses offer continued support through a forum, etc. where you can ask questions if you run into a problem. It is important that you learn each lesson well before moving on to the next one. But, if there are ever times where nothing seems to be going right and you keep making little mistakes, taking a break is a good idea. Often I find that I play better after I took a break, or when I try again the next day.
- Practice playing your keyboard or piano often. Spend ten to fifteen minutes everyday for the practice sessions. By doing this, you can improve your playing skills slowly. Your fingers will have time to strengthen and get used to finding the keys on their own. Be sure to practice at least four to five times every week.
- Do not try to play advanced pieces as a beginner. This will only frustrate you. Once you’ve mastered a certain lesson, you are ready to move to the next lesson. Remember to review what you have learned several times as you go along – this will help you retain everything you’ve learned. Follow these tips, and in no time at all you will be playing your favorite songs with ease, grace, and finesse.
To your Successful and Exciting Musical Journey - Katarina